View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #26
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ2SS View Post
Haha OP that's fantastic. I think the same thing when I watch my neighbors wash their cars as well. As others have said, we certainly are a different breed.

I think I am starting to rub off a little on my gf. We were at a car show recently and she says "wow, a lot of these other cars have a bunch of swirls in the paint" I almost dropped to a knee and proposed right there lol
She's a keeper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post
before you guys start going out spending all that (detail supply) money on your sweetie for a ring, talk to some of us who've been married for a while.

we can probably give you a few reasons not too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
So I get up way too early so I can wash my car before the sun hits my driveway.

About the time I get finished, the guy across the street starts to wash his big old white pick-up. In the sun, using one of those brushes on a broomstick. He isn't even using soap, just scrubbing the truck with a brush and water. Then he dries it with a beach towel.

I had to whisper to my car "Don't worry baby, that will never happen to you."

Then my next door neighbor comes over and gives me the usual "Your gonna wash the paint right off that car." Then he drives off in his little crappy, beat up Ford Focus.

I guess some people will never get it.
My neighbor just yelled this out of his beat up Ford the other day! I just smirk and continue to clean my baby. My other neighbor also washes his truck with a brush and water as well. I cringe every time I see him out there.