View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
Traumamoma

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Summit White
Does this sound like a Scam???

I put my 2013 ZL1 vert up for sale on this forum and on Cars.com. I get no bites here but I get a text from a guy who saw it on Cars.com and he offers me full price for a quick transaction. Car is a gift for his father. Asks for my paypal account info and sends funds. He is going to arrange transport via third party. Paypal will not release funds to me until transport agent is paid. Buyer is out of country and can't get to Western Union. Claims to be an oceanographer. He includes transport fees in what he sends me plus another 100$ for my trouble and asks if I will pay transport guy. I say sure, once funds are in my account I will send 950$ to transport guy.since Paypal will not release funds to me until transport guy is paid I would have to send 950$ via Western Union to a guy in Ohio, prove to paypal I did it, then they release money to me. Really sounds like a scam except I did get an email from Paypal saying the funds had been sent, they just wouldn't release them. Opinions??? I have seen over and over a warning NEVER send funds via Western Union for an internet transaction. Let me know what you think and by the way car is still for sale. Regards, Peter
Traumamoma is offline   Reply With Quote