View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #20
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Ones best mods are to personalize to their own taste and hopefully it is appreciated by others. Hotrods are a money pit if you make them that, and it is not needed to be made into some ferocious street machine as it already performs very well for a Camaro, and gets good gas mileage. I would say on the freeway I get double the mileage of my last 406 small block that was carbureted with edelbrock, and dart, comp cams etc.... It is all in making it what you want, and if you do not keep it long well you will not get the enjoyment out of your money. For some they just throw more and more at it...... I am with the last guy if I wanted so much more I would go zl1 or vette more likely. The new ones are sweet. How much better does a car need to be when you have the best one of all you neighbors or co-workers? And does it meet your needs and expectations? Or is it not enough for your ego? And how much money does one need to put into it to be happy? Mines a daily driver, and yes it finds its way in the snow and heavy rain. And is fast enough but can get better. My most loved mods are simple ....like a lifetime air filter/cai, a oil catch can to protect my car, some hood spears, and some badging and rocker stripes to go more retro. And of course then you get more expensive with custom wheels to taste. I expect nothing in trade in value but to a private seller it would be more $, and I hope it maintains its value somewhat better due to TLC.