View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #16
TigerFA

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2017 Red Hot
Try, what even helped me with the brandnew Tremec 6060

first give the trans time to warm up, needs more time between shifts when the car is cold, really step from the gas and hit the clutch, like slow motion, put the next gear in, then release the clutch and then step on the gas. Be just smooth, if the gear will not go in the speed is the problem, donīt force it, let the car go slower and try again, if it slips in is good. Do this for the first time and go smooth that the trans get used to your shifting habits. I mean with a car of 42k miles you should expect its driven in but if you had an .... "shiftidiot before you" you don't know.

If that works easy for you, try on country roads and drive that baby in, downshifts, upshifts, break with the engine too thatīs breaking in the synchro rings too. If you do that for quite a time that Manual should go as you go! Or really somebody f...ed up before you.

My one goes so smooth right know and just slips in, fantastic.

I know too some SS have problems (Tremec 6060 with the 2nd gear) but I canīt imagine after 42k miles that's still present or the pre owner didnīt do sh.. .about it

2017 2SS, 2014 2SS 1LE, 2014 2SS
TigerFA is offline   Reply With Quote