View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrim View Post
The factory GM pumps are bullit proof. I think what happened to it is when you replaced the rack and did not bleed the system out. The airratted oil fried your pump.

I think you have also smoked your oil. I would replace all your power steering oil. When you replace your pump, I like to fill it to max. Start it up and run for 30 seconds. Turn it off. Top off your resevoire. Keep doing that until you do not have to top off your res. Then start it, go lock to lock 4 times. Turn it off. Top off your res. Start it go lock to lock about 10 times. Turn it off, top off resivoir. Start it, take for drive get oil hot, come back and top off res when oil is hot.

Gook luck
Dimitri
Hmmm, I didn't realize there was an actual procedure for bleeding out the steering system. I figured any air in the system would just bleed itself out back to the reservoir. Have any more details on this bleeding procedure? Anyway, yeah, I'm pretty sure my pump is probably fried now. Looks like I'll be ordering a new pump this weekend! Thanks for the advice.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote