View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Question for those experienced in boosting.

Planning on doing a twin turbo setup on the V6 camaro that I purchase (once I cut open the fender gills I'll need something to use that newfound airflow for, right?). However, I can't decide whether I want to do a 5 psi setup, or a 9 psi setup. I understand the obvious - 9 psi will produce more power than 5 psi. The not-so-obvious though, is what I'm not sure about.

A) I don't want to modify the engine internals in any way, except possibly some higher flow injectors. I would be worried about pre-ignition, but the VVT *should* take care of that if my understanding of the system is correct.

B) I don't want to hurt fuel economy very much - namely, as long as I can keep my foot out of it, I don't want it to have any worse fuel economy than the stock car did. I don't mind running 89 octane fuel, however (but, as I said above, the VVT *should* make this only necessary to gain more power)

My total goal is to reach a 13 second ET, without changing the stock internals or using a more aggressive tune (was going to have the car tuned after the turbos, but back to the stock A/F ratios). I *think* this should be possible with a 5 psi setup, but I'm fairly certain it will be at 9 psi. SO... mostly I want to know if 9 psi would be a bad idea...
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote