View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #25
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
California has a little more regulations than most other states but if a car is tuned properly by a good tuner just about any forced induction system can pass emissions tests.

All of the TVS 2.3 roots blowers use the exact same rotors produced by Eaton. This includes the E-force, the LS9 on the ZR1 Corvette, Magnacharger, Heartbeat and many other superchargers built for other brands of cars. The difference between these blowers is all related to the airflow design and the cooling capacity of the intercooler(s) built into the supercharger. Better airflow always equals more power, this is why we do porting on heads, put in bigger cams and throtle bodies, to get better airflow. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to look at the internal design of a blower and see some have rounded flowing chambers and lids and some have square and boxy chambers and lids. This all effects airflow.

As you drive the blower faster it makes more heat. The ability of the blower to transfer the heat to the cooling system and still pass a large volume of air through the coolers always determine the upper limit of the performance capability of a blower. If you don't plan on running the blower at its limits these issues don't matter a bit. Any one of the blowers mentioned above can give you 550whp without breaking a sweat. But if you start trying to make 800whp with a 2.3 blower it is going to get down right impossible with some of these blowers because you cannot get the amount of air the engine needs crammed through the intercoolers at a reasonable temperature.

The Heartbeat is the newest kid on the block and Magnuson did a lot of research into the issues I have described in the above paragraphs and they made a better blower. I have already seen the maximum amount of boost some folks are running through this blower and it is above what the others will run. Try to run 17 pounds of boost through an E-force and tell me how that works for you, people are doing it without any trouble the Heartbeat. I'm swapping a heartbeat onto my car right now and within a couple of weeks I should be able to put up some numbers on the difference in maximum power between a Heartbeat and a LS9 blower at least.

I have had 5 different superchargers on different cars I have owned and just going by evaluation of the design features, I would recommend the Heartbeat.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote