View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
After talking with Al Oppenheiser at the chicago auto show, he said that they had a fleet of vert camaros for testing and that all had plenty of testing miles on them, after all that I can't believe that none of the testers had this same problem,
I am not doubting it happened to you I am just wondering if you didn't secured the tonneau correctly.
Took one of those to Florida over Thanksgiving. It takes just a bit of practice to get it on right. But if you have the two front clips properly secured, and yes it takes some practice because the two buttons are down low and not easy to see, and if you have it tucked in on both sides and along the back so the edges of the cover aren't exposed, there should be no way it could get air under it.

That being said, it could/should be easier to install. But with practice I was able to get it on and off, securely and easily.

But as Fbodfather suggests, it is possible your dealer didn't install the buttons correctly and the top wasn't well secured regardless of what you did.

But to get it installed, I found tucking in the sides and back first then flipping the leading edge down and buttoning the clips down to be the easiest way to get it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
Before everyone dumps their GM stock , lets look at this objectively...

I suspect GM would have tested this, so it's probably not a design flaw. Which leaves two possibilities: user error (dealer or owner), or quality control issue. If its a quality issue, it would be the equivalent of the coupe's spoiler coming loose and flapping around - not a likely scenario given GM new found ability to build quality cars.
Never had a problem with a week of top down driving. And to give it a proper evaluation, I had the cover on and off all that week.