View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #28
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Thanks for the input guys- ill definitely have.to research the thread showing the diagram of the post installs, with the weather today, I had the top up and down a few times, and this clips are a serious pain to attach- I have a fairly large laceration on my hand to prove it!

I didn't think to photograph anything at the time, I was focused on not getting squished during rush hilour on the shoulder of a 6 lane hwy! I believe it was installed properly- the edges were all tucked under and the forks/clips fastened. That's actually where it came loose- one unhooked. Even after I reinstalled it.and.checked evrything, I still saw wind ripples on the top of the cover as I drove. That may be normal due to the wind on the fabric, but after the initial incident, it had me nervous.

Those clips just appear very poorly made- and the open ended hooks with the thin plastic seem prone to wearig, bending or outright breaking. In my humble opinion, it just seems like.a very cheap clasping mechanism.

For those looking for pix- check the 2/7 TPW thread; I've got about 8 posts worth of pix- from the car coming off the truck to my latest cosmetic mods! Also included are pix of the tanneau, new spoiler / xm, and picks of the new bracing underneath.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote