Thread: 2011 vert issue
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #38
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I read it somewhere that the Cuda will be released at the same time in vert form. 6.2 Direct injected Hemi with 520hp in a car the size of the current Stang. I will take mine in Plum Crazy thank you.
Me too, Jason. My friend Bob is a big Mopar fan (we go to Carlisle in July), and the only reason I didn't consider one is because they didn't have a ragtop. Don't get me wrong, I wanted a Camaro and SS sure, but would have equally considered a Challenger. Goes back to the days of my '71 Barracuda slant 6 vert (yeah I know, weird - but it was all I could afford then).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
After being what I went through and many others, I am gunshy on this current car. Keep thinking not if but when. If I like the looks of the new CRT Cuda Vert my Camaro is going by by. I cannot in good faith sit around and worry about a potential flood, 5th bow, window regulators, etc and only having 3 years of warranty. As I said, my car is driven 6 months out of the year and only on nice days. That will be about 10K by the time warranty is up. My Firebird just turned 100K when I sold it. Bought it with 39K on it. So 61K in 14 summers of driving.
Same here, Jason. OrangeVert is stored winters. Will have maybe 10k after 3 years. I *want* to keep it. but will not support an out of warranty top at $100 +/- per hour for repairs. I ain't no Lotto winner.