View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
putting the car on rear jack stands?

I have read a few thread here about putting the car on jack stands. I will be putting in a SW retro catback this weekend and have a question on putting the rear jack stands in.

I planned to use my floor jack on the center point of the front cross member and putting in the front jack stands in at the positions i have seen on other threads.

Now the quandary. Where do i jack the rear of the car from to put both jack stands in on each side of the car. I dont see a good center point in the rear that will bring the car off the ground evenly. I dont want to use the diff housing, or is this ok. I see the recommended floor jack points in photos on other threads but these points are on the sides of the car. Is the frame rigid enough to get the car off the ground from one of these jack points on the side and insert both jack stands simultaneously or do you jack up one side and insert the jack stand then move to the other side and jack it up then insert the other rear jack stand.

So i guess my real question is....how do you safely insert the rear jack stands with the front of the car already on jack stands?
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote