View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #8
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing

Drives: 2013 Ashen Grey 2SS/RS M6
thanks for the responses. I understand the answers given, by people who understood the post, and one of the people who didnt. What I understand between posts are:

1. Types of HP - Crank v.s. RW HP

I thought that there only one type of hp. The HP being advertised by the STS systems are the probably the rwhp, which is speed after drive train loss, so i am mistaken when I assume that 400 HP is both crank and rwhp. If the rwhp is 400, then the crank hp is upwards about 480.....which is actually pretty cool.

2. STS v.s. TT

Single vs turbo should not be compared as step levels, but as an absolute because their design is based of size. Turbos build energy slow, but a TT, which is a smaller size, is able to build energy quicker than the STS. The STS still can produce more HP than TT, and a bigger boost than the smaller TT can handle.

3. Chevy vs Custom Tune Companies

There is a difference between a custom built from the ground up TT engine, compared to adding TT to an alread built engine. Until one knows how Leno's engine was built, one cannot make a scientific/valid statement. I did in my beliefs that custom tuners are either not doing something right, or they are doing better than what Chevy did; but the two sides were wrong because I did not understand the nature of turbo tunes.

4.Leno and 425.

We do not know if it was dynoes at 425....but again I dont believe he would need to pull numbers out of his arse, but scientifically speaking, I should not and cannot assume he is not lying because he is rich.