View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #267
FwyFlyer

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkikuchi View Post
I've started looking at this mod again... and I'm very, very tempted to follow through now. Seeing how perfect those of you with the standard ABL got everything to come out almost makes me regret getting the IO trim... almost

After seeing the pictures of those who have attempted this with the IO trim I'm just not 100% sold on it yet.
FwyFlyer: You mention that you're not 100% happy with the red EL wire -- how close would you say the match is? Think the orange would be too much?

Has anyone had any brilliant revelations on how to make the sanded line not look so noticeable during the day with the IO trim? It doesn't look that bad from what I've seen but it's certainly more noticeable than with the silver installs.

I would really love to find the perfect solution to Dash ABL with the IOM trim -- especially at this price point... I'm not just entirely sure that we've found that here just yet.
My dash ABL with the EL wire looks good (It could be polished a bit more). The color match is close to the doors but not exact. I used the red wire but the color is orange-ish. I will be trying the same as others here and switching back to the light tube and using an LED at each end of the tube on the passenger side. I had tried the light tube before the EL wire and the color was perfect, but it faded to pink the last 8 inches at the passenger door side. If the EL wire was more of a red color I would stick with that. Most people wouldn't even notice though.
As far as the sanded area goes, I have some more experimenting to do. I only sanded an eigth of an inch strip, but you can see it durig the day. Some on this thread that have the IO trim didn't sand at all. Once I have the 2 light option in place, I may have to re-paint (lightly) the sanded area to get the color to match the doors perfectly, which will also address being able to see it during the day. Right now the DRL harness project has me pretty busy so the EL wire will have to do for now.
FwyFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote