View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
I'm also not sure if you noticed but I decided to put a slight curved bend in the braket to help get the new clutch reservoir further away from the shock tower to make sure the hose doesn't rub. Not sure if you wanted to take this feedback and think about whether or not you wanted to incorporate it into the standard bracket or not.

Also since I found that trimming the excess clutch hose is easier to do once the clutch reservoir is mounted and the new clutch hose is installed on the master cylinder, it might be better to not preassemble the new hose to the new clutch reservoir. Pulling the hose off was kind of difficult and I don't know if the reservoir was like this or not before I pulled the hose off but there is a faint white line that now goes all the way around the base of the nipple connection. Knowing how plastics work I know that it's a sign of stress on the base but I tested the nipple and it didn't seem weak or anything so I'm hoping it will be ok. I found it easier to put the free end of the hose along side the nipple connection on the reservoir and mark it for the amount of excess hose that I wanted to trim off with scissors.

Just a few thoughts I had.

Thanks for the kit though. Looks great in the car too!
Thanks for the feedback! I will forward this on to the guys that assemble the kits and see about some possible changes. I appreciate the input.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote