Old 02-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #25
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
What about the US
What about what about the US? The coupe is available now and the vert goes into production in 1 year, give or take 6 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler NY View Post
So are you saying the convertible will be available in Europe before we can get it here in the US???
No. Vert is available next year in the US as well. At the very least they will be available at the same time but likely they will introduce the 2012 Camaro to Europe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa107 View Post
So will it be cheaper in the US or Europe?
It will be cheaper in the US. American cars that get imported to Europe are quite expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstairs View Post
Did they say they were building the car at Oshawa or even that the cars sold in Europe are being built in North America?
To my knowledge, GM doesn't have a plant that is capable of building the Camaro in Europe. The only other one might be in Australia where they make other Zeta cars, like the former G8. And they won't set one up for the extremely low volume that it will sell in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytahoe View Post
OK, the new Camaro Convertible available in Europe next year!? Are you kidding me.Chevy cannot even tell us when the 'vert will be available here in the US and NOW thet are saying they will sell it in Europe?--What is wrong with these people?--They are trying to drive the price up on the car already by coming out with this only 20,000 units the first year.--I am fed up.I am buying a 458 Italia instead.
Convertible goes into production 1st quarter of 2011. Should be for sale a few weeks after that.

BTW, 20,000 units? The 2010 Camaro has sold 67,000 so far with 85,000 2010's built with a few months of production left.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote