View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #290
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Cobalt friction pads are binderless. That means that if you get them soaking wet and there is a hard freeze, the pad will crumble. Dead cold Cobalt friction pads have 85% of their stopping power which is far more stopping power than most pads have hot. The pads are filthy, they sound like real man's brakes, I have daily driven them for years. If you want to use something like Hawk, DTC60's in the front and DTC50's in the rear, they are not affected by freezing cold. They stop well and sound like real man brakes. They're very dirty, but not as dirty as the Cobalt friction pads.

Over the years, I've set up many of my personal cars for optimal performance on a road course just like the Pedders USA Camaro. The brakes are filthy, dirty, and loud. The alignment eats tires. And I always say after the track testing, "I'll dial her back." Guess what? I never dial them back because when I dial them back, they don't feel perfect anymore. I finally realized I'm never going to dial them back. Brakes are no different. Once you drive with really good track pads, nothing else will do.

Big dogs bark. Do you want to run with the big dogs? Learn to love the sound of MAN brakes.
You don't have to tell me Pete, I know that when I hear a car's brakes squeal it's because it's got serious stopping power.