Thread: Do the Math
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
the only thing to change to your sig is what ive been saying all along....
go to ford.com and do all that, then add about 2-3k to the price to compensate for the fact that the mustang is already out and ford has had ample time to sell enough units to keep the price low. and to compensate for a years worth of inflation.

I just made a 2009 GT premium and added things that are standard on the 2SS and the price came out to $36,837.00 (with 100 less horsepower to boot)

also, how much are you putting down for the vehicle? if anything at all?

if you want a lower monthly payment.... put more down when you sign for the car.
The problem camarospike is that we where told compete with mustang prices (yes at a premium of hundreds NOT THOUSANDS). Content be damned price is to high to compete. At this price your into the infinity/lexus range (one of the reasons I wont buy a challenger).

My down payment is the reason im probably looking at a corvette, the more down payment i have to make the more its worth it to me to step up to a vette.

Add in the fact that in 3-4 years the camaro will be worth about the same as a mustang (2005-20006's are going for 15kish).. why spend 36k?

I could justify almost a 50% drop.. but not over that.

STILL VERY UPSET.. gods I held the faith and I feel like ive been screwed. GM made a liar out of me today.