View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I got mine done today, HUD works fine. I did it light enough that it doesn't hardly appear as though I have tint, but it eliminates the everyday glare from vehicle to vehicle.

It is illegal in Florida, but As long as it is more than 45-50% I could care less, I have never met an officer who felt otherwise especially if you live in a southern state....I do 70-80 on mine just to get rid of the glare because I wear glasses and I feel I have no right to cite someone for something I do. To be honest with you, I would say at least 60% of cars in FL now have it but at a reasonable percentage. Although you and I could get a seriously lashing if we ever got in an accident and said something along the lines of "Well your honor, I couldn't see the man because he was wearing all black". Again you are right...35%+ you cannot hardly tell it is even tinted from the interior, but if we ever got involved in an accident that caused bodily injury you better believe the troopers look at that...

The only time I have ever seen an officer give someone crap about tint on a routine stop is when one guy had 15%. Now that is a little rough...