View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Not sure how serious you could have been about the Camaro if you are concerned about how it stacks up to a family sedan. Regarding safety, as a 2010 model year car, it probably will exceed most previous model year safety standards, so I'm not sure why you mention that, unless you are referring to the rear quarter vision.

The price of GM stock has no reflection on the viability of the Camaro being around, it will become one of the cars GM will continue to produce for years. The development cost needs to be recouped over the next several years. As speculated here and elsewhere, its future may be with a turbocharged 4 cyl - who knows.

Camaro production has definitely picked up. The few quality issues have been quickly addressed. As has been widely noted in the news, etc. GM will eliminate many duplicate cars in its offerings and eliminate dealerships in metropolitan areas. And so in about 18 mos. GM will be a smaller, profitable company and its past problems will be mostly forgotten. It may even merge with another manufacturer.

The G8 will probably be a good substitute for you. But again, it will be a former GM nameplate (Pontiac), a Malibu would be my first choice if I were looking for a solid Chevy. You could wait to see if GM decides to replace the Impala with a rebadged G8.

But in any case, good luck to you in whatever you decide.

Mine at sunset

Last edited by KJS; 05-28-2009 at 05:22 PM.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote