View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
no car manufacturer supports the warranty if you modify the motor, tune or otherwise.

The only difference between GM and everyone else is GM has been very forward and public about it because of these forums.

You will find that there is not one manufacturer out there that will warranty a motor that has had major changes made that change it's out of the factory setup.

Those that do get warranty coverage for various things even with mods are usually because they have a good relationship with their dealerships and some things get over looked especially if the dealer has people smart enough to know that a CAI doesn't cause a rear seal leak for example.

I have always been lucky in this respect because I am one of those with a good relationship with my dealer, but even with that, there is a point that they will deny me a warranty part if they know GM will deny them.

What most people just don't understand is that today's vehicles are not just cars, they are computers, and like every computer a minor change can cause a major problem.

To use a comparison some might understand take your average store bought HP computer with windows 7..

Changing something like a Video card or memory while in a lot of cases Windows 7 won't have an issue with the new equipment, in some cases the blue screen of death will appear because of incompadible software.

Change the video card, HP voids warranty, change the memory HP voids the warranty, change the hard drive, HP voids the warranty.

How does this differ from GM? it doesn't, you make changes that alter the factory setup and there is no way for GM to know that what you have done will not cause other issues. No 2 builds are alike, even if they are made with identical parts.
I'll just leave this here: http://www.fordracingparts.com/Announcements/News47.asp
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote