View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #3167
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykeith View Post
I would hope so, but I also watched videos of soldiers (or police dressed as soldiers) confiscating law-abiding citizen's weapons. Very scary.
There will always be mindless do-ers. Whether they fear not having a paycheck, they are too afraid to fight the government, or they just aren't thinking outside their little, tiny world. But the MAJORITY of the military would be pro-gun and not afraid to face The Man.... plus a lot of those uniforms very well could be NATO forces.

But watch out. Because after Katrina, for example, police were raiding homes to confiscate weapons, even homes not affected by the hurricane. One of my friend's family lives there. Their home was not affected at all. They were living a normal life just outside the affected area. But one day, the police kicked down their down and started yelling "Is everyone okay?", but all the police did was search for and take their firearms. His brother tried to stop them, and they cuffed him and put him on the curb til they had removed all their firearms. Then they let him go. The police never had any other paperwork or motive, and then they just picked up and moved on to the next house.

A civil war over firearms would truly be another brother against brother, neighbors going at it type conflict, depending on what (and how strong) your beliefs are. But at this rate the government would have the upperhand in planning and resources, so it would take a lot of us to organize and structure ourselves to have fighting chance.... think Red Dawn, but it would be our own damn government, and the citizens who choose to support them.
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote