View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
EDGE_

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS SIM L99
Cool Remote Start installation for 1SS (L99)

Just had my Remote Start (Part Number: 92213216) installed and I hope this will answer some of the many misconceptions out there.

Firstly the following were parts of my order:

Remote Start (P/N: 92213216) installed - $154.28 + taxes
New key fob (P/N: 13504199) programmed & cut by dealer - $31.82 + taxes

Installation took almost three hours and it is still not done because the machine that laser cuts the key died. I will need to return tomorrow or whenever they get the machine fixed.

I only purchased one key because my dealer only had one in stock. This key is exactly like the 2SS/2LT/1LTwC&C. It is just like my current key but includes one extra button for the remote start. So no 'advanced' key fob and no need to carry two key fobs.

Now for the real kicker. The actual Remote Start module is already installed in the vehicle. It is in the dashboard! The Remote Start (P/N: 92213216) 'module' that I purchased is actually an extension wire harness and a plastic case for the module in the dashboard. These are needed to move the actual module from the dashboard to the top of the windshield, just right of the rear view mirror. The Tech told me that the module needs to be moved to extend the range of the transmitter. So you are paying $115.00 for a little wire harness, a small plastic case and four tye wraps.

IMPORTANT: The key fob (transmitter) is NOT included in the Remote Start kit (P/N: 92213216) even though a picture of the fob is shown when advertising the part, just read the fine print.

Hope this helps.

PDIM - DONE
Remote Start - DONE
Steering Wheel Audio Controls - PENDING
Bluetooth for phone - PENDING
EDGE_ is offline   Reply With Quote