View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #101
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Please review rebuttals in red. If you removed all the "marginal weight" statements, the total would be less than 10 pounds, which most drivers could probably find at the gym. Most of the "do not add weight" features have to do with the dash assembly, driver information center, or other integral parts of the car.

A few points did not get red text. I didn't respond to those because I can see removing those.

As for most of the other complaints, we're just feeding the troll by arguing.
Whoa whoa whoa, easy now. I think you totally misunderstood. I wasn't trying to say that it needed anything else removed, or that any of that weighed much of anything, or that it would gain a single thing by having any of it removed. It wasn't at all about weight or "too many things" or "not enough things". I thought my post was clear, but I guess I need to explain more clearly because there seem to be a few people who totally missed my point in one way or another...

A lot of people here (not all people here) are saying and have the idea that the Z/28 is a "stripped down race car with almost no creature comforts that just so happens to be street legal" and "you can't really use it for anything but track days" and things to that effect. I'm not going to quote anyone specifically, but there is a lot of that type of stuff in the many threads (large and small) about this car. I was saying that the Z/28 has a lot of comfort and convenience features... a whole lot of them... and if you step back and look at it from a completely fresh point of view, you might see that. For a car that really is designed for the track (by engineers and designers who put a lot of time and R&D into it - which costs a lot of money) with the best of the best performance parts (which cost a whole lot of money on their own), this thing is very useful and has a ton of extras! (no, not literally a ton). And that's a good thing!

For the record, I've been a regular poster on many car forums at various times for the last 14 years straight, and I've never once been called a troll... because I make it a point not to troll. I notice that that word gets thrown around a lot here and most of the time it isn't at all used appropriately. I may have a different viewpoint than someone (or someones), but that does not mean I'm trolling by expressing it.

Hopefully that clears up any misconceptions that there may or may not have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I see a lot of sour grapes in here.....
I believe the word for that these days is "passion". (No seriously, us lot do have a fair amount of it! No one I work with gives two flips about anything related... cars are nothing more than a necessary evil to get to work and back. I love the passion here!)