View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
sound from the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm2003 View Post
Ive searched these forums threw and threw and have not found the latest reasonable answer! Any update would be useful.

I have a M6 2SS. when i take off in first i let out the clutch and i hear a vibrating/rattling noise. 80% of the time it does it and its when im taking off in first gear. it happens at the last sec of letting out the clutch and sometimes carries on a couple short seconds after fully letting off the clutch. and it does it in second and third but not as much! its done it since the second or third day of driving the car. Its only at low rpms as far as I noticed. i had a friend ride with me who has messed with older f-bodies for years, but never new camaros, say it sounds like a heat shield rattle. I searched many forums and found some say the driveshaft needs a spacer or washer/ some say its something in the IRS when the car is going slow and under a load. Could it be the input shaft breaking problem people been having.. but it wouldnt make noise it would just break right?

Anyone have the latest news or if this is a GM issue they are working on??
Thanks!!
I also have noticed the same sound, but it just started not too long ago. I only have a little over 1700 miles. It only does it when I take off slowly in first. To me it sounds like a harmonic vibration when under load at take off. I have not tried to slow down in another gear where the rpm is under 1000 to see if it does it when it lugs. Will bring to dealer soon. I did notice that it only does it after I am driving around for awhile, but if I let the car sit for a few minutes it takes awhile to do it again.
KLR ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote