View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrc28 View Post
im thinking of purchasing the re-Q just for my aftermarket amp+Sub to restore any bass caused by bass roll-off (if there is any which was my question in this thread> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102533) and to serve as a LOC. If your looking for something to clean up ur full range I heard the Kicker ZX SUM8 was pretty good and for a decent price.

I think your right about the re-q5 mainly for bass restoration. Personally, if I was adding a good aftermarket sub setup, id probably crossover my speakers so that they wouldnt have to play much bass or maybe even use bass blockers, this way youll save your speakers and get alot crisper mids-highs. In that case the re-Q5 wouldnt be that useful. However some people may argue that you wont have to cut out the bass with aftermarkets, and im not sure if you planning on adding a sub.

Either way, id take a look at the sum8 as it seems more of what you would be looking for, its alot cheeper than the JL, and you would retain your steering wheel controls as it is wired just like the re-Q5.
if your looking for a bass restoration tool, I would look at either getting an LPL for your sub amp or I would look to AudioControl for the Epicenter. If you could find a new Phoenix Gold Bass Cube, that would be an excellent choice as well, they are specific to bass restoration and will do a MUCH better job than a cleansweep or an RE-Q.

IMO, either way, adding one of those (be it the RE-Q or an Epicenter) is just a band-aid to cover the problem, not fix it.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote