View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #391
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
Oh how I loathe this simplistic argument.

Have you seen the Mona Lisa in person? If not you can not claim its a great painting until you see it in person and up front.

Have you seen the Egyptian Pyramids? What you haven't? You can't claim them to be a marvel of their time until you have.

I can look at a pile of crap on a picture and know that it looks like a pile of crap. I don't need to see it in person.

There are more than enough high def, up close, far away, unlit, lit up on different colors to know that its hideous. And its magnified by by the giant square whole for the license plate and half its ass being covered by unpainted plastic forming that line right down the middle.

The front isn't much better thanks to 1990's style chrome stripping.
The problem is that the Pyramids and Mona Lisa you're looking at the overall object. The pictures of the 2014 we're zero'ing in on just the front bumper and the rear taillights. I don't know how to describe it but it stands out more in pictures than it does in person. In person, what used to look like a big deal blends in with the rest of the car and looks great. It's hard to describe how that works, but it's the case with most car pictures.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/