View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
flyingskibiker

Drives: Cars, Trucks, Bikes, ORVs, Planes
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
It MIGHT just be around $3k.?.? I mean, a new version of the M20 is probably over $2k. Can even get the "new" M22. I see (and have bought) used M21s for sale for around $700-1k. But you never know what you are getting into...

I ended up buying a date correct M21 that was rebuilt with some improved parts for, I think, $1200. I sold a "correct" bell housing for $150. Scatter shields are about $450. I sold my old M21 plus another I bought together for $1500. Both were VERY used. I sold a never used Hurst Comp+ shifter for $275. You can get the pedals, linkage, z-bar, fork, etc. either used or from various vendors. Flywheel, too. Clutch kits are around $350. Driveshaft? I think it is close enough.?.?

You can go over to camaros.net and do a search or just ask. There is a lot of modding going on over there...

Something to concider: The 4-speed is definitely not a freeway transmission. Well, people do it and I use to do it all the time. But now a days, it just seems like all the RPM and not much to show for it. People are going to 5-speeds w/o having to modifying their cars. Though, the kits are about $3500. I may be going that route in the future if my budget allows. Who am I kidding, I haven't even been able to afford paint for the last 27 years (other priorities)...