View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
My experience at the dealer today 1/17/09 (thanks fbodfather)

Well, I said I was going to wait for the 2011 MY to get HUD and 3.73 gears, but after seeing the NAIAS Camaro SS/RS with stripes......WOW.

My buddy works for GM and GMS has been confirmed as well....so

I dropped by my favorite local Chevy dealer today to see what was what.

I've been stopping in there once a month for the past 8 months to get updates and they had set me up with their sales manager as a point of contact. He has gone way above my expectations in answering questions and just generally being a cool guy. He was even interested in my 4Runner which got him bonus points as we both turned out to be "car" guys.

On to the good stuff...

My contact was on vacation, but the General Manager set me up with their top sales man who happened to be from England! When he retired, he moved to the US and the sales manager I liked so much actually got him to come work there after buying a car from them. Cool story I thought.

I told them up front I was on a recon mission to check pricing, and see what the low down was on ordering so as not to set any false expectations. I also told them I wanted the Sales Manager I'd dealt with so long to be there if we worked out some purchasing arrangement which they agreed was best.

Being the anal nut that I am, I had all the documentation we've collected on this site on a thumbdrive as well as the pricing calculator spreadsheet, etc. I was expecting them to not know a whole lot since my main contact was on vacation. Bob (top sales man) pulls out a work book and starts giving me the run down. He was very well educated on the car and I never needed my little thumb drive. As I told him what I was looking for he took all the notes on the order work sheet. Impressive for a guy that had to be over 60, and with the coolest accent.

Here's what I told them I wanted:

2SS/RS
Dove Tail Spoiler
Either Cyber Gray or Iferno Orange (haven't decided)
Black Rally Stripes

I asked to confirm the 2SS came with the Convenience and Connectivity Package.

I asked them to confirm they had a competent installer for the stripes since I wanted black.

I told them I would be requesting GMS pricing.

I asked if I ordered today when I could have the car (a test) and Bob told me straight out they could not guarantee a date at all. He said they can give me a rough idea but that they didn't wanna do that and set false expectations. They passed the test obviously.

They're checking on my questions, and said they'd give me a call a week from Monday so I can come in to discuss OTD price as the Sales Manager returns from vaccation that day. I'll go down and see what they say and update this thread accordingly.

After all the nutso posts about dealerships screwing up, I thought I'd post a positive experience.

OH, and GM can thank fbodfather for this one as well, if I order a 2010 instead of waiting for a 2011 like I originally intended. His updating us here with pictures and info from the NAIAS clinched it for me. Now it'll just depend on what the local dealer wants to do about GMS, and my getting a few small questions answered about interest rates and what not.

I still may wait, so don't take this post as a "I'm definitely ordering" deal....but before I was definitely waiting and now I'm talking to the dealer, so take that for what it's worth.

Dealer has 3 allocations left.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote