View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #15
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
How is it that these don't fade on the track if their temp ratings are only 50-1000 according to your website?

Hell the Carbotech XP-8 temp range is 200°F-1350°F+ and I use these on the rear and XP-12 on the front with a temp range of 250°F to 2000°F+. Not to mention these are much more expensive than the CarboTech's. Even if you spend the extra money to have them pre-bedded.

So how are these better??

T.

They run to a much higher temp than the CarboTech pads do, and depending on what compound you run with what that will be. It sounds like you are quoting the CSR compound which is more of a street/AutoX pad. Not the XR1/2/3 pads that we race with that will hold well over 1800 degree's.

There is more to pads than just temperature ranges. Sure that helps but how the pad handles the heat, it's coefficient of friction, release, wear characteristics all play important roles in how the car is going to bit on initial pedal input, torque applied to the rotor, and finally how the pad releases when you come off the pedal.

Some pads may have a very low bite, but a high torque ramp, some stick when you pull your foot off the pedal....some my bite really hard then fade away.

Then you get into how the pad wears itself combined with the rotor wear.

Cobalts require no bedding at all, just the first bed to the rotor, other than that you can hot swap pads on the same rotor and be good for green flag racing from the get go.

EVERY, and I mean EVERY SINGLE customer I have let try a set of Cobalts has never looked back to anything, be it Hawk, CarboTech, PFC...they are that good of a pad not only in performance but wear as well.

Take a look at just some of the teams that have ran Cobalts and continue to win with them. Everything from the GS class in GrandAm to the Daytona Prototypes and ALMS GT cars. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6647351&type=3
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote