View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #657
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
I have a ZL1. Don't see why people wouldn't want to drive to the with track in more comfort and have just as much fun. I was planning on buying a Z/28 also but was hoping it would be a 1LE LS7. (and keep the ZL1) I love Z/28's, I still have the 71 RS Z/28 my parents bought new me for my 16th birthday, and kept buying other Z/28s though out the different gens. The 71 is the only one I thought was worth keeping. I also have a 57 Chevy Conv that my dad bought new and left it to me when he died. I have 7 cars and the only ones I don't drive are those because they have no air, am in one and 8 track in the other.
I DO GET IT. I totally understand the car. Just don't understand why people would want it in todays world and why they would settle for it. Most won't go that much faster in the Z/28 than the ZL1 or the 1LE for that matter, the couple times a year that they track there car. They would probable have just as much fun in almost any high performance car. Just don't see why I should give up the nicest things about a car to maybe go a little faster. Just how fast they are really going to be is yet to be seen.
I'm guessing the gen 6 Z/28 will be faster and I will be able to get it the way I want. This one seems like a way to use up C6 Vette parts that they didn't know what to do with, but it wasn't fast enough so they striped it. I will be keeping my ZL1 also because it's any unbelievable car on the street that is also a lot of fun on a track.
Sorry to vent on you guys, just wish they would have let us who don't care about a second or two a lap order the car the way we wanted it. Was really looking forward to having both Zs.
Hope everybody has a safe and happy Easter
I knew you had a ZL1. Based on your comments it's the car you should have.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote