View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Thumbs down GTA Camaros - Cruise & Bar-b-que

EDIT July 14/09
Alright everyone. It seems that we are all very busy right now and as such the interest in this proposed little event is quite low at this time. Therefore we will postpone this idea until later in the summer when (a) more people have their car, (b) more people are available, and (c) I have more time

Thanks to those who responded. Stay tuned for the next gathering

A few of us (TJ91; Black67; SQUALO) have been having some little meet-ups in and around the GTA - even a couple little cruises. But is seems that we've been a bit limited in the attendance numbers. Part of the problem is short notice. Usually we try to organize something inside of 48 hours - just doesn't work. So here's the advance notice:

Date: Saturday July 18th
Time: Cruise - 10:00 ; Bar-B-Que - 1:00
Location: Cruise - TBD ; Bar-b-que - Mississauga (ending point of cruise)

Cruise:

The plan I have would be for anyone who is interested to post in this thread a good meeting spot near your house (Tim Hortons seem to be popular - but any place that is accessable and has a decent sized parking lot is fine). I can then plan a route that would come either to those meeting spots or someplace close by. With enough attendees this might mean we hit all the corners of the GTA from downtown to Richmond Hill to Brampton to.... well you get the idea.
In the interest of time, convenience and the number of stops I will likely have to move / re-designate certain meeting spots.
The first pick-up would be about 10:00am. The total cruise time including stops will depend on attendance - but I'm going to estimate 2-3 hours.

Bar-b-que:

The cruise would then end at my place for a bar-b-que social. Wings, burgers, corn, other bar-b-qued goodies, pop and water included. $10 per head (just to cover the costs). If you choose to BYOB that's up to you (but only if you bring a DD - otherwise I get to keep your Camaro overnight!)
I am located on the west edge of Mississauga. Even if you can't make the cruise you can come to the BBQ - but of course we encourage cruise attendence. Location details will be distributed privately to those who need it.

Where do I sign up?
Right here! Post your interest in this thread. Here's what I need:
- Available for the Bar-b-que
- How many (just me or my spouse and I (sorry no kids -not at this one anyway)
- Available for the cruise & Bar-b-que
- Suggested meeting spot (major intersection or street address)

(Those of you who live 30 hours away please don't bother with the "... can you come by my area? I'm out in Calgary/New York/Texas hehe...".)

Please note - If you're in please try your best to show!! I need good numbers or the extra people will be eating dog food.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"

Last edited by CanadianCamaro; 07-14-2009 at 10:17 PM.
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote