View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #19
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordonMusser View Post
Caverman-
Sorry we didn't get to chat more. We are running an Alcon front caliper with two pieces rotors all the way around (stock rear calipers- we actually are going to be switching to V6 rear brake calipers for 2012).

Good info here. Castrol SRF or Motul 600. Hawk pads are a good balance for street/track use. Brake cooling ducts are great for anybody that plans to continue with hitting the road course. We run a custom 2X 3" duct for each front wheel.

You don't need fancy rotors for light track duty. We are going to be putting together a package that will be 'safe' for the average C5'er to get out on a track and learn to drive. We can then accommodate additional braking modifications as the driver improves, and if he/she decides it's something they want to continue doing.

We also offer StopTech big brake front kits which will pretty much end any braking problems you will ever have.
Thanks Jordan for chiming in.

I was mostly looking at the rear of the car since that was what was exposed. The front tires were still on so I didn't get to see much of it.

I wish I would've had time to stick around but I had other plans I had to go to......plus not being an Lone Star Camaro member......well, lets just say it was time to go anyway.

I was really impressed with your crew and your shop. I'm really glad I made it out there and I'm sure I'll be back. Wish I would've known of you sooner since I just had my car aligned and bushings tuned about 2 wks ago. I'm sure you could've pointed me in a good direction....not that I got a bad alignment, I just bet I could've got me an even better one.

I really do want to track my car one day and if I can quit spending all my money on this car I might be able to get your private lessons.

I hope to see you get more involved here on these forums. I think you can definatley bring some good race experience. I also like the way you're a straight shooter....you'll tell use if we really need something or not. It's not about making a sale with you...it seems truely like you want to help the customer get what they want out of the car.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote