View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #28
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Also I wish the experts on here would explain the full remedy to curing wheel hop. Honestly the old replace control arm thing is not the full cure. Wheel hop is the vertical movement of the wheel not lateral or front to rear. Proper dampening is also required whether from tire pressure with stock tires or drags, springs and shocks/struts or coilover dampening adjustment is also required in order to really cure wheel hop. Right now I have trailing arms and toe link arm upgrades and at 23000 miles the stock suspension is going south and now again my rear hops like it did before my arms upgrade.
Thanks to our supporters for the kind words about our products. The Hotchkis equipped Camaros do everything a bit better than stock Camaros. We’ve had success at reducing wheel-hop under hard launches with our Chassis Max undercar brace. Our brace reduces wheel-hop quite a bit...so much that Lingenfelter uses it on all of their big-power cars including the world's fastest 5th gen drag car.

The best way to combat the wheel hop is to switch to a solid axle, but then you’ll be defeating the awesome handling benefits of the IRS. We choose to have the car more fun to drive around corners better, but as a whole, we’ll keep working on off-the-line performance too.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote