View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Might I ask what those reservations are? I don't trust AMSoil because I have seen diesels that run too long on the same oil (which leaks like a mofo thanks to their special two filter adapter btw) and they are sludged from crank to valve covers. Plus, any company that thinks they can claim 25,000 miles on one oil change is just plain full of shit.
you can run that many miles on any oil. not saying the oil will be doing much to protect the motor after that point.

but the fact that their top oils are not API certified, too many Amsoil fanboys on every site im on trying to endorse their product. and the fact that I even offered to run amsoil in my 94 LT1 with whatever filter the amsoil guy deemed fit. and I would weld my drain bolt to the oil pan if he would pay for a new engine when mine went to shit before 25,000 miles. I change my oil every 3000 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first. due to the fact that its not just the miles you put on the motor but also the condensation that occurs within the motor that breaks down the oil as well. thats why if you've noticed any of the "hey im thinking about buying this car, its only got 20k on the odo" threads
I ask how many times the oil has been changed.

there are a couple other things with amsoil that i wont mention
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote