View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #66
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Just my opinion but I think Chevy hit a grand slam with the ZL1. It has been my experience that a lighter car would not drive as smoothly and handle as well. There is a reason that the "Red Devil" is considered more "violent" and "rough" in the video. Also, with more horsepower comes a difficulty in daily drivability (wet roads, overheating, etc) and gas mileage (though I am sure anyone who bought either of these cars would rank that at the bottom of the list in priorities). I would find it nearly impossible to believe that the Red Devil would be as comfortable in a daily 50 mile commute in rush hour traffic as the ZL1. And finally, here is the reason I think the ZL1 is superior. For 20K you can have a Hennesey upgrade to over 700HP that would more than likely put the Red Devil in the rear view mirror or at least bumper to bumper. At 80K you are still 1/3 the cost of recreating the Red Devil AND you have all the comforts and technology of a new car. I have a ZL1, I would love to have the Red Devil. But I think Chevy has delivered beyond my wildest dreams with the ZL1 and with the aftermarket products available, the ZL1 has nothing to be a ashamed of.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote