View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #2668
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

No. It's a straight bolt on. I could do it in an hour. Including the wiring.

Of course I'll mount the switch differently. I don't like there switch.

After i get the car jacked up. haha
I think you said something like that about your supercharger install... or was it the wheels? or maybe your sons radiator... or...

Quote:
Problem is Jegs sent another kind of cutout that WILL fit. Same type and shape as the QTP you had. I wasn't able to intercept my mailed request. So tomorrow I'll have a regular set of cutouts.

Gonna be hard not to go down and install them like you guys have said. lol

Noweeds take a few weeks to ship.
so... you are sending back another kit...

Quote:
Here is the noweeds on one side. It's so freaking cool. Dumps right out the back like true open headers.

And just fits right in.

Attachment 344905
quick (mult-point) question...

is that:
an Automatic car?
a Borla exhaust?
a lowered car?
Your car?

(a "no" answer to any of those means you should go with the Jegs cutouts you've got)

Quote:

I had a lengthy e-mail discussion with noweeds and he actually got a picture of a Borla exhaust and confirmed with me that the noweeds system matches the offset of the S pipe on the Borla. He said I'd just have to cut the noweeds about an inch maybe. But it would bolt straight up. And yes they say on the website that it fits perfectly with the L99 and LS3.

BUT, like I said. In the morning i'll have a box with regular cutouts. Gonna be hard to send it back. I gotta stay strong and think noweeds. lol
anything can be made to fit perfectly. I could fit your car on the frame of my truck perfectly with enough money and time...

question is...he said it would bolt up to a borla exhaust... and the website says it will bolt up with the L99....

did, at any point, the question come up of it would bolt up to a lowered L99 WITH a borla exhaust?

another comment as far as the website statement goes. Buddy of mine bought a Hypertech programmer for his 08 silverado because Hypertech's website said it would work. he goes to plug it in and it wouldn't read the ECM.

come to find out, it will work with SOME 08 silverados, just not his (different engine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I'll bring the stopwatch
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote