View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #2669
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I think you said something like that about your supercharger install... or was it the wheels? or maybe your sons radiator... or...
Ah, but they all got done, and better than any shop around here could do them.

Quote:
so... you are sending back another kit...
They sent out the other kit before I could tell them no. But like I said, I'll probably end up putting them on. The noweeds kit is just soooo much better.

Quote:
quick (mult-point) question...

is that:
an Automatic car?
a Borla exhaust?
a lowered car?
Your car?

(a "no" answer to any of those means you should go with the Jegs cutouts you've got)
Not really, the one in Tessas video is a lowered auto tranny car. AND the guy at noweeds sent me a picture of a borla exhaust that they put in a car and put the system on. It will fit. It's just do I want to wait and do I want to pay.

So the answers is yes to those questions if you dont' reference THAT pic.

Quote:
did, at any point, the question come up of it would bolt up to a lowered L99 WITH a borla exhaust?
Yes. I explained to him my entire set-up. He showed me a pic from one of their installs of a Borla exhaust identical to mine on the floor. Before the install.

Quote:
another comment as far as the website statement goes. Buddy of mine bought a Hypertech programmer for his 08 silverado because Hypertech's website said it would work. he goes to plug it in and it wouldn't read the ECM.

come to find out, it will work with SOME 08 silverados, just not his (different engine)
All I can do is take his word for it. But he showed me that he did his due diligence in finding the answer. If it didn't work, I could send it back. Plus, you said yourself that anything can be made to fit. IF it didn't fit perfectly, it would be really easy to take care of. You can see that it's right there. Simple s pipe. MUCH easier that welding these cut-outs in. IF the noweeds would need modifying it would cetainly be no harder than completely welding in cutouts from scratch.

[/QUOTE]