View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #25
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
I’m thinking maybe depending on the track layout, the ZL1 and Z28 will trade wins, much like the 13 Shelby and ZL1…... although heavier the PTM will allow the ZL1 to be pushed harder with more confidence… and longer straights might be more to an advantage for the ZL1…. The ZL1 was faster than the Shelby in the curves, but the horsepower advantage in the straights would allow the Shelby to make up the time lost.
But the difference here is that in GT500 vs ZL1, the Ford had the 80 hp advantage and the 300 lb weight advantage giving it a substantial edge in a straight line. But vs the Z/28, the 80 extra hp has to move 300 lbs more car, reducing the impact of its power advantage (rather than enhancing it).
Sure, the ZL1 will still pull harder, but its not going to be as substantial a difference as it is between the GT500 and the ZL1.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote