Thread: Engine choices
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 11:29 PM   #92
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
1. That GM will not have a turbo 4 replace the V6 and Al will fight to keep all cylinder options available. Adding a turbo 4 in addition to V6 and V8 options is not losing anything, but gaining more flexibility in sales. How did I ignore it? You just aren't bothering to read that as anything other as anything other meaning other than no 4 cylinder.
Ford didn't replace their V6 with a turbo 4, so how is Al making that comparison other than to say there will be no 4 cylinder? Can you read?

Quote:
2. He's the chief engineer. His responsibility is to achieve the design goals. He doesn't get to pick what those goals are. If ones of those goals are international sales, you can bet there will be a 4 cylinder.
He's the chief engineer, exactly. You can spin about how "little say" he has in decisions, but you don't have anything to do with GM and you're contradicting him anyway. Al > you when it comes to the Camaros he's designing.

Quote:
3. You ignore all my other points. In the end we are making assumptions based on speculations and hearsay. No one has proof yet of anything.
You are speculating. I'm quoting the chief engineer for Camaro.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote