View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 08:36 AM   #9
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I was on the fence with buying a Vette in '08 and made the choice to "settle" for the Camaro and was able to get one of the first production allocations. Currently, I've got over 77k miles on my Camaro and it's pumping out nearly 800 hp. Do I still want a Vette? Yup! Would I give up my Camaro to get it? Not a chance.

I love the C5-C7's, they are great drivers and still turn heads when they are taken care of. Fit and finish on the older cars isn't that great, but lets face it, we all start to fall apart with mileage and abuse, so you can't hold that against the Vette.

Adding a blower/turbo setup to your car will completely change the feeling you get while driving it. With just the blower, headers and a CAI the car felt like a completely different animal. There is a different feeling you get having the instant gratification of putting a heavy right foot down and watching the tach race towards the redline with the windows down and sunroof open. I'd swear the Maggie took 20 years off how old I feel driving this car.