View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
its dead in here...I was looking for an excuse to start the conversation back up so I just built a mustang gt with the build and price tool from both the www.ford.com and www.ford.ca websites. I build the cars as equal as possible and the Canadian GT came to around $38,000 Cdn, while the American GT came in just over $28,000 USD. Without calculating the APR, the $10,000 differences comes to about $170 bucks more per month for the Canadian GT on a 60 month finance of the vehicle.
Its impossible to guess what they will sell for. If the buck and the loonie stay on equal footing, pricing will have to come down. And not just incentives. Putting the actual price at something roughly equal to the US price. If they don't, there will be alot of people going cross border shoping and paying to import the car rather than pay an extra 25% for Canadian markup.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote