View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #165
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx View Post
Not true, My ARH's slid right in no problem. The Y-pipe took 20 minutes to install....you get what you pay for when it comes to header fitment.

GM MLS gaskets FTW, I bought a new set and have had no issues with it. I didn't do motor mounts, and got lucky on that one. Mine have 175k miles on them but still hold up well with no banging. They will be coming out though for some solid mounts when I do H/C here soon.

As for pulling stuff the only things I had to remove was the manifolds, spark plugs and dipstick to so the swap. Otherwise, there was plenty of room to work with and the headers slid up super easy. It was harder to get the manifolds off than it was to get the headers in!
And that's why some of us pull extra stuff off because the curse fest that is getting those manifolds off in the first place sometimes lends well to a little elbow room; though I could see how you did it.

I'm a bigger guy so wrenching would have required me pulling all that stuff off in the end unlike you or LS-Z here. Should have it tied up by the end of the week; can't wait to put up a comparison to the Ebays/TSP ORY/ Magnaflow and my Pacesetter/Catted Y/TSP setup

As for the 5th coil bolt: Leave it off. Really has no business being there anyway..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote