Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #40
2K11SS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 11 Camaro SS LSX & 12 Corvette GS
Location: When you get to the middle of nowhere keep going I live past that
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
are you saying your driving in 100+ weather with no ac

No seriously, so when you're driving with the AC on, do you have any issues? I know what Russel's saying makes sense, I just dont know if it will have any real life issue with the intense summers we have.
I live in Houston so humidity, not temp is the real issue (yes when you combine the two it sucks). Low humidity and 100 degrees, no problem, no AC. High humidity and 100 degrees, I turn on the AC.

First when you have a large, high hp supercharged engine heat will always be an issue. If I am sitting in stop and go for long periods of time, my temps will run up but they are still manageable (usually 225F max). Of course my engine holds about 11 quarts of oil and I have two oil coolers.

Unfortunately people make comments about things when they don't know the whole situation. That's why half the time I won't even post anything on here because someone will always make an uniformed comment.

A true old school (70's style) cowl hood would release heat low and into the vents, however the MPD1 hood is not the same. It seals at the back and the holes are high in the cowl, plus this cowl is significatly higher the any normal cowl so the air that escapes is way too high to be sucked into any vents. Unless of course you live somewhere that hot air sinks and cold air rises. If that's the case then this hood will not work for you.