View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #40
Factory Reproductions

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
Doug told me before they will all be the same concavity throughout sizes, I was skeptical but that is what he said about a month ago. Maybe things changed and now it is different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I also believe that is what he said. Whether it is exactly true or not, I don't know, but the offsets of the rims should help determine their concave-ness...not just the width. The 9" wide rims have a 27 offset which quite a bit more aggressive than the stock rims, which means they will stick out further, which means they should have more concave than stock....which sounds awesome to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
While trying to figure how deep is the concavity from one wheel from another and using the dimensions of the stock SS, ZL1 and the ones listed by Factory Reproductions, I have put a drawing together to show all the dimensions. I was thinking to use this for myself, but then realized I may share this and maybe it will help some of the members here in their decision.

If I miss anything, please let me know so that I may correct it.

The file is attached to this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
Only thing with that is the concaveness of the 10 and 11 inch rims, would be less I believe.

Also i think the oem ZL1 rims are less concave in the front. So would this be the same way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
I am afraid it does...
Would have gone with 20x9, 20x10 but I think I will ultimately go with 20x10, 20x11 just because of the "concavity" or deeper concave style on the 11, not sure though...

Doug, can you give us an insight on this matter?
Sorry for the late reply, I reached my “bump limit” yesterday before I made a single post - go figure.

To answer the “concavity question” I placed a straight edge from one lip of a wheel to the other. I then measured the distance from the straight edge to the center of the wheel (see attached picture). The results are:

OE ZL1 20x11 – 2.1/2”
FR Style 41 20x11 – 21/2”
FR Style 41 20x10 – 2 3/8”
FR Style 41 20x9 – 2 1/4”

As you can see there is ¼ inch difference in the (concavity) between the 20x11 and 20x9. Visually it is not very noticeable to me.

What I said to one person who I remember asking about the “concavity” is that there would not be much of a difference across the sizes.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Last edited by Factory Reproductions; 05-08-2013 at 04:56 PM.