View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
How about this one?

You've gotta pay to play. Yes officer I was speeding. Have mercy on me.

I've always considered speeding to be much like modding a car under warranty- You can buy all the radar detectors you want (Magnuson-Moss for mods), but if you get caught...you pay. Now I can get an attorney to defend me in either case, but the other guy (city, state or dealership) has deeper pockets...so will I win? Just a chance I have to take.

I guess I'm going to be called old or a nut for this comment, but I have to admit I've lost my patience for people that don't want to take responsibility for their actions. I'm not saying you shouldn't speed-I'm saying take responsibility. You want the guy who robbed the bank to be punished-maybe he just needed to eat. Think about that next time you say "awww, I shouldn't have got a ticket, I had to get to work."

For the record, my excuse posted above resulted in a $150 reduction in my ticket($250 down to $100). Gotta love small town speed traps (speed limit dropped from 65 to 45 in less than 100 yards...got caught exceeding the speed limit and said something along the lines of the comment above. The officer ran my record-no tickets in 10 years, still wrote me the ticket and invited me back to go to court to get it reduced...but I still got the ticket and I deserved it.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote