View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #14
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
is this a premptive strike on vararam or other CAI manufacturers?
It is very interesting, and once vararam actually shows us some data I would like a technical discussion between them and the others that have posted on this subject.
no CAI manufacturers here, just pointing out one of many myths perpetuated over the years by marketing. Ted Jannety just tested all the intakes and he says it's a myth too. He's said it numerous times before the tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
So the myth will post and prove that it makes more HP, And it's the myth.
Getting your engine the additional air (and cooler) it wants, will make more power. It just has nothing to do ram air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
if you can't beat em.... confuse 'em with a wall of text!
So my car can have ram-air... i've just gotta break Mach 0.3

seriously, it'd be REALLY interesting to see a debate between the company's that manufacture these ram-air hoods, and the science people who can explain how everything works.
It's just marketing folks. It's been hyped for so long it's just considered true. Show the scientific data (you can data acquisition the crap out of anything these days) that supports ram-air effect at car speeds. Nobody is saying that a less restrictive higher flow intake doesn't make more power than stock. They do. It's just what you call it.

Anybody want to buy a 3/4 race cam?

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote