View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #38
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Finally a customer with a brain, thank GOD. I am in the same boat. Just got my L99 2011 SS and oil gets changed by me every 3000 to 3500 miles. No tune in my car at this time. Chevy take notice, this is an issue that can leave a customer on the highway between towns 100miles apart. Let's see ONSTAR help me when some goonie comes running out of the trees with a butcher knife for a CAMARO SS owner with a busted oil pump. I am also thinking of trading this car and staying away from CHEVY. They void warranties at every issue just to keep money, time, and parts this is all saves gets them less in dept. financially. I know the recession hurt us bad, but that is no reason to screw customers. If the mod ruined the part damaged I agree upon voiding warranty, but if the part was a manufacturer defect the replace it. Mustang GT 5.0 owners don't have this crap to worry about, just my 0.2 cents. Push come to shove that's where I'll be.

I had this same issue and GM immediately voided the warranty and refused to even diagnose. I replaced the oil pump with a Melling pump, fired the car back up and have not had any issues since.

I would encourage EVERYONE that is considering a tune to have your oil pump replaced under warranty BEFORE you tune. As others mentioned, there is a TSP for this issue and GM will void your warranty if you have a tune.

Mine was the sticking relief valve and I would be willing to bet that Dingos was as well...and as someone mentioned...a little knocking about loosened his up. If it's happened once, it will likely happen again...just hope your sensor notifies you in time and you stop your car in time before you have catastrophic damage.

If you are opening up the front of the motor (cam), replace your oil pump, timing chain, and tensioner...three relatively inexpensive preventative items that could save you big $$$ in future repairs...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote