View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #164
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Honestly [and perhaps I'm being biased] the MS on the Z06 (with Z07 package) and ZR1 is more effective/superior than the one in Ferrari, due to it's nature to put TQ down to ground. MS comes in very handy at launch time, like GT-R MS. I took a ride in the new Z06/7 and it's take off is more productive than without the MS. This alone will kill the GT500 in the race with the new Z28.

Ah, the only thing this car misses, is a true forged piston and rods. That's where I envy GT500. BTW, GT500 for MY2013 (production in 2012) will get the TVS2300 @ 600HP.
Isn't it the same system (I thought I heard Ferrari traded the CF brakes for the MS...)? The one video I saw, recently, of a GT500 vs. a CTS-V Coupe seemed to really show a lot better bite, and I guess weight transfer, of the CTS-V's IRS. The shot wasn't really good, but it hooked a lot better than the GT500. I'm sure some of it had to do with the better tires, but I know those shocks will help. I do hope they're AT LEAST an option for Z28. It'd be a real shame if they weren't. I really believe Z28 needs them to make up for the weight it's probably going to gain.

on all the engine stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
Yea I forgot you had to live among them... Unfortunately it's not a whole lot better here down south. I have one of those tofu burger hybrid driving self righteous tree hugging clowns that lives in my neighborhood. He cornered me in a parking lot in a pansy-mobile not that long ago and started to chastise me about not caring about the environment and why would I drive such a loud monstrosity of a vehicle, to which I replied by turning on my car and yelling over the roar as she fired up, so I don't have to listen to schmucks like you.

Just cause they think they screwed up the environment does not mean that I should not get to have just as much fun as they did.

Me... I don't trust air I can't see...
I just noticed where you live, LOL!!! I feel you though. Great story!!! They have no clue what they talk about much of the time. I'm sure he "green" car polutes more from cradle to grave than these cars ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012z28 View Post
+2

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote