View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
BUZZCAMARO

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis550 View Post
I'm looking for a set of leather seat covers for my 2LS. I prefer orange or black if possible, but I am open to all offers.

Thanks in advance
I'm not very knowlegeable on how to replace your fabric with leather (yet), but I've heard it is very hard to do (reading posts here).

But, I guess if the leather is custom cut to fit your particular model car than they should go on just they do at the factory, right?

After months of looking about, it may just be the best way to go instead of replacing seats. For one reason, with leather, it's hard to find nice toned colors
of orange, and I kinda like them with both orange and black leather, btw I also as I have an IOM 2LS.

I was never teriibly impressed with the factory orange leather set available from GM, the orange areas too vast and kind of a clown's wig orange color.

But check out this, I think this set would be really nice, and the thing about them is the website has many optional colors. On this set, I'm not sure what that orange checker pattern is, I want to look thru their website to find out for myself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2013-Ch...b78628&vxp=mtr

I know I stumbled on many vids they put on youtube, I think I could do it, as long as I remove the seats and do it in my workshop. The price is wow, up there to say the least, I mean you can get whole replacement seats for much less. But evan if you can, this re-cover may be the best solution, since you KNOW the seats will fit in your car and no funky adaptor kits needed.

IF you found that you were impressed with the GM leather option seats, they pop up on ebay too, or you can scour thru parts salvage yards. I'm sure there were plenty of accidents and the seats were parted out, that or else somebody else wants to upgrade what they got.

As for "covers" I don't think there is such a thing as covers which will fit over your stock seats with a good tight fit which won't wrinkle up and look tacky, and I don't think any "covers" are made of leather. Now, re-covering seats, that is possible, but expensive and hard to do.
BUZZCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote