View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #25
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Good news..I feel more confident about my decision then, because I LOVE the S-type sound. ATAK seems a little loud and raspy for my taste. If I want to elevate the sound I may add shortys one day and have a CAI on the way at the end of the year.

I am pretty amatuer to this moding, did you notice any benefits or sound increase after purchasing the full cat back to compliment the axle back?

How do you feel about the sound overall as far as cabin sound and drone? I imagine it sounds great from the exterior.
I love the sound although the cabin drone in sixth gear under load between 75 and 80 mph can be a bit annoying. Borla suggested adding the cat back system with crossover to my axle back, I can get you the p# on Mon., or tacking venturis ahead of the mufflers. I added the cat back and it lowered the tone of the drone a bit. For a long trip to Toronto and back I put my stock mufflers back on. Just weld on a sleeve to the stock mufflers and they slip on in 10 min. I'm 55 years old so maybe my hearing is not as tolerant as it used to be! Outside sound is awesome!
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote